Do you want to find out
information on books
that your child is reading?
Use this website to find out
Lexile information, points,
and if there is a Reading Counts quiz!
Do you want to know what lexile number a book is?
Do you want to know if Manatee has a Reading Counts Quiz on that book? Look here for a green check mark next to the title.
Do you want to know what the story is about?
Would like to find out some great titles to read in your level?
Would you like to find another book just like the one you read?
Try asking Book Wizard!!!
You have 4 easy steps to get to Book Wizard:
2. click on the Teacher bar at the top of the webpage.
3. select Book Wizard.
4. In the right hand corner, tell Book Wizard that Manatee uses Lexile Framework to level our books and then click SET.
5. As you look for different titles, look for the green check mark that let's you know if there is a Reading Counts quiz available.
You will easily have three ways to find information about books:
1. BookAlike...plug in a title that your child enjoyed and Book Wizard will locate other titles that are the same lexile and storyline as your child's favorite.
2. Leveled Search...this will be a helpful tool!! Give Book Wizard information about your child's level and interests and let BW do the rest! Withing seconds, you will be given oodles of titles that your child can select from to look for next time at the Media Center! What a great tool!!
3. QuickSearch...this is where your child can plug in a title and find out if we have a Reading Counts Quiz!! You can also click on the title and Book Wizard will share even more information about the story.
Give Book Wizard a try!!
Need more help...just stop by
the Media Center and ask
for Mrs. Kuhblank!
I'd love to help you and your child unlock the mystery of books!