We have an exciting new online book library that’s free to use and all of the books have Reading Counts Quizzes at Manatee J Yippee- I can your cheers from here, lol!
Here’s how it works:
· Google True Flix (I tried www.trueflix.com but it wasn’t working so I found it at http://tfx.grolier.com/)
· Contact me for username and password
· There are TONS of science and social studies NONFICTION books to read!!!! I’ve looked at a lot of the books and they are all age/reading level appropriate for my students J
· The books can be read aloud to them, there are little videos that go along with the books (however- the videos don’t show the book as an animation-they just give more facts so students HAVE to read the book for the test)
· There are also really cool biography excerpts and fun facts in the “Resources” tool at the top!
· Students can access this site anywhere and can take tests once they return to school. Tests through Reading Counts can still only be taken at school as it is a server based program.