Welcome back to a fantastic new year at Manatee Elementary. Our Pop Top Recycling Project has returned once again this year and we are looking for your help! Each year, Manatee competes with schools from around Central Florida in the Ronald McDonald Pop Top Recycling Project. All pop tops that are collected are turned in to the recycling plant and the Ronald McDonald House of Central Florida receives all the proceeds. This is an easy and effective way to give back to the community and help other families in need. So, I hope you are asking yourself how you can help? It's easy, here's how.
1. Begin collecting pop tops from home, church, sporting events, at your place of work, from relatives and friends in other cities and states.
2. Periodically send your collection in to school with your child. Homeroom teachers collect the pop tops all year long.
3. Mrs. Puschus keeps track of all class totals and hauls the pop tops to the recycling center in April.
4. The top 3 classes win a full-blown ice cream party at the end of the year.
5. The Ronald McDonald House is the real winner and our students learn a valuable lesson about giving back to our community.
You may begin sending in Pop Tops any time. Good luck, and hopefully we can make this a record year